The current season has either finished or not had details released for it at this time. Please check back later.
If your club is performing the duty night obligations on a Sunday evening, the following should be a guide for you.
Note that matters are simplified if you have at least 2 club members present at all times of the evening - the job is too demanding for one person.
1. Check the start time of the evening's fixtures, and arrive at Fleming Park at least 20 minutes before the start of the first match.
2. Collect the indoor cricket yellow plastic box from reception, and check that the following items are present:
3. Take these items up to the balcony over the main play courts, where a table should be already there for you, and set up the electronic scoreboard:
Use the Basketball setting - there isn't one for indoor cricket.
Check that the equipment is working properly by counting a few Points (runs) and Fouls (overs) on the board.
4. Make sure the teams are arriving on time and if necessary inform the late arrivals that they conceded the toss.
Before play starts, make sure that each team about to play a match has completed and signed a team sheet including the full names of all 6 players.
Identification of any players under 18 is mandatory, as they need to wear a helmet at all times while batting. Junior wicketkeepers may use a faceguard when standing up close to the striker instead.
If there is no scorer then one of the 6 players is required to score throughout the match, the team plays with 5 until one turns up.
5. During play on each court:
6. At the end of each innings get the final score (runs and wickets) from the scorers - they will first confirm with each other that they are in agreement. Note this score on the fixtures list as players will often want to know if their rivals/friends playing other fixtures that evening won or lost. You could print a copy from the website and bring it with you.
7. At the end of each match, make sure that the triplicate is completely filled in and check before separation that the following are correct:
NB The total points for batting and wickets in hand cannot exceed 5 total points - a grand total between 0 and 26 inclusive.
8. At the end of the evening, check that you have received the following items:
Last Updated: 11th September 2015